Re: [LUG] Wife's computer

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 13:47:45 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Debian.  Which doesn't install cups, unless you ask for it.

With Kubuntu caps is included in the installation, but I still had to
install the drivers for my Kyocera laser printer and go through the Cups
set-up rigmarole to get it working.

During a recent installation of Buster and subsequent installation of
Cups and the drivers for the Kyocera, it was found automatically and was
ready to print when asked. Most impressive!

As an aside, I rather like the excellent work done on EXE Linux over the
years with the retro TDE display, as it is basically Debian with no
frills, especially KMail which has become rather complex (bloated)
nowadays for a home user with simple needs.

Has anyone else tried it?

David