Re: [LUG] Old Laptop

On 05/02/2020 18:44, Brad Rogers wrote:

>> On 05/02/2020 18:19, Neil wrote:
>>> I keep well clear of Firefox too as another example.
>> Wait, what?
>
> He's not the only one.  I avoid Ff too.  Don't like the way Mozilla is
> going about things.  Becoming more like google every day, IMO.

Ok, and then there were two. Now I'm genuinely intrigued.

First: I'm at least as dumb as the next person so it's not my place to
look down on or trash other people's opinions. Second: I do use Firefox
personally and install it by default for work stuff (by which I mean all
users get it by default on any endpoint I look after).

Now hopefully that's cleared the decks and put you at ease that I'm not
doing that horrible internet thing of preparing to tear you apart just
because we don't completely agree on some minor detail.

I'm really interested in why you both have this stance towards Firefox.
Or Mozilla specifically perhaps? You are far from the only ones with
this stance I note.

Yours curiously