Re: [LUG] Old Laptop

On 05/02/2020 17:54, mr meowski wrote:
On 05/02/2020 08:56, Neil wrote:
I have heard varying reports about E-bay. Anyway, sensible or not, I
will never  have anything to do with it. That is one web site I will not
   touch. It could well be my loss. So OK, but that is how I feel.

Brad just beat me to it.

How Ebay got to the top of your "sites not to be touched" list is a
mystery in itself. Care to explain?

Oh dear, I am in trouble with you again. There are some sites that I just don't go near, and E-Bay is one of them. (It is not "top of the list", just one of many.) Yes, partly I have heard about some bad experiences with them, partly I suppose there are other sites which do similar things, so I can just ignore them.

I have not had any problems with them myself, simply because I have never used them. Just me being old and stubborn I suppose. I keep well clear of Firefox too as another example.

Put it down to old age,

Neil