Re: [LUG] Daughter's computer

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 13:18:46 +0000
Michael Everitt <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Michael,

>Usually because the list often appends its own alias to messages .. so
>you get a copy which has landed in 'list@D.C.L.U.G and
>list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have never understood why the list does
>this, as I know other list managers running hundreds of separate lists
>that don't' mangle headers quite as effectively as this one does ...

Fair point.

{time passes}

Yep.  I'd forgotten that I'd set up Claws-Mail (I use the same MUA as
Jon) to work around the issue.

If Jon sorts his messages into separate folders for each mailing list,
then for the Devon LUG folder, right click the folder, select Properties
and then 'Compose'.  Tick 'Default To' and enter <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
Jon should then no longer see a To & Cc header pair in outgoing LUG
messages.

--
 Regards  _
White people going to school, where they teach you to be thick