Re: [LUG] VLC on android

I too also use foobar2000 on Android (actually using it right now) it's easily the best music player for Android, highly customisable/themeable and also there's a version for Windows, no Linux build ATM but you should be able to run it via wine

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019, 15:28 Tom via list, <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 27/11/2019 15:08, mr meowski wrote:
> On 27/11/2019 08:39, Tom via list wrote:
>> Got VLC on my android phone and it wont play some tracks that diff
>> reveals are identical to the ones on the laptop and play under VLC
>> there.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar before I report
>> a bug and if there are any other OS players for android anyone has had
>> any success with?
>>
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

> Foobar2000 should be exactly what you're looking for:
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foobar2000.foobar2000&hl=en_GB
> https://github.com/und3rdg/foobar2000
>
> Or use Jellyfin if you're playing files from a server backend (needs
> Jellyfin service running on the server as well though):
>
> https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin
>
> Both are fully open source and have clients available on the Play Store.
>
> Don't know if you're using a custom ROM and/or have root which gives you
> a lot more choices but you seem like the sort of fellow who'd probably
> like f-droid if you're not already using it?
>
> https://f-droid.org/en/
>
> Don't file a bug report to VLC unless you've fully triaged it and ruled
> out your device or android version from being the culprit (bad codec
> support, your weirdly encoded files, etc).

I should add I've been using it to play directories of files (CD rips)
and it plays most of the stuff fine and then stops 3/4 of the way
through a track and refused to do anything  - they're all just wav files
so in theory anything goes!

Tom te tom te tom