Re: [LUG] VLC on android

On 27/11/2019 15:08, mr meowski wrote:
On 27/11/2019 08:39, Tom via list wrote:
Got VLC on my android phone and it wont play some tracks that diff
reveals are identical to the ones on the laptop and play under VLC
there.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar before I report
a bug and if there are any other OS players for android anyone has had
any success with?

Tom te tom te tom

Foobar2000 should be exactly what you're looking for:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foobar2000.foobar2000&hl=en_GB
https://github.com/und3rdg/foobar2000

Or use Jellyfin if you're playing files from a server backend (needs
Jellyfin service running on the server as well though):

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin

Both are fully open source and have clients available on the Play Store.

Don't know if you're using a custom ROM and/or have root which gives you
a lot more choices but you seem like the sort of fellow who'd probably
like f-droid if you're not already using it?

https://f-droid.org/en/

Don't file a bug report to VLC unless you've fully triaged it and ruled
out your device or android version from being the culprit (bad codec
support, your weirdly encoded files, etc).

I should add I've been using it to play directories of files (CD rips) and it plays most of the stuff fine and then stops 3/4 of the way through a track and refused to do anything  - they're all just wav files so in theory anything goes!

Tom te tom te tom