Re: [LUG] VLC on android

On 27/11/2019 08:39, Tom via list wrote:
> Got VLC on my android phone and it wont play some tracks that diff
> reveals are identical to the ones on the laptop and play under VLC
> there.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar before I report
> a bug and if there are any other OS players for android anyone has had
> any success with?
>
> Tom te tom te tom

Foobar2000 should be exactly what you're looking for:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foobar2000.foobar2000&hl=en_GB
https://github.com/und3rdg/foobar2000

Or use Jellyfin if you're playing files from a server backend (needs
Jellyfin service running on the server as well though):

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin

Both are fully open source and have clients available on the Play Store.

Don't know if you're using a custom ROM and/or have root which gives you
a lot more choices but you seem like the sort of fellow who'd probably
like f-droid if you're not already using it?

https://f-droid.org/en/

Don't file a bug report to VLC unless you've fully triaged it and ruled
out your device or android version from being the culprit (bad codec
support, your weirdly encoded files, etc).