Re: [LUG] Thunderbird

On 14/11/2019 15:57, mr meowski wrote:

Oh same here - happens mostly on my main (linux) workstation and mostly
on this email account. It's usually after a reboot and checking the
folder for this mailing list actually, which is a big ol' folder.
Thunderbird will sit and think for a bit, I'll realise all of the other
folders for the same account are empty and that's the end of that
basically. I just nuke the account from Thunderbird and recreate, let it
sync again and all is well. Happens maybe once every year or two
perhaps, at most?

Yep, doesn't happen too often and considering:

[root@imap giles]# du -h -s .Maildir
2.5G    .Maildir

If it happened more often I'd have looked to other ways of, by now:

1. Reducing the size of my mailbox
2. Searching for a better mail client
3. Archiving off some of my emails (I do have retention set to about 30-60 days for a lot of folders)

--
Giles Coochey