Re: [LUG] Daughter's computer

See if you can boot it of a linux usb stick. That way you should be able to see the internal hard drive and if need be copy any data. Better using a second usb stick or drive for data recovery than trying to save it to the live usb.

From: list <list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 06 November 2019 13:34
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] Daughter's computer

On 06/11/2019 13:13, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

> Forgive me if this comes across as rude, but obliterating the whole
> system when it seems only 1 thing is broken... seems like a very Windows
> way of operating.
>
> Since you say it happens as soon as you *try* to login... does the login
> screen flash, or after you've entered your username and password? Or
> only start to flash when you start typing?
>
> Did you try getting to the console screen?
>
> Grant.

When I power up the laptop the first screen drops down to 'Memort Test'
instead of staying on the top line which is to log in to Linux Lite. I
have already run the memory test, no errors.

So I move the choice up to Linux Lite which immediately starts the
flashing as soon as I press the enter key.

I did try getting to the console, without success,

Neil