Re: [LUG] Daughter's computer

On 06/11/2019 13:13, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

Forgive me if this comes across as rude, but obliterating the whole system when it seems only 1 thing is broken... seems like a very Windows way of operating.

Since you say it happens as soon as you *try* to login... does the login screen flash, or after you've entered your username and password? Or only start to flash when you start typing?

Did you try getting to the console screen?

Grant.

When I power up the laptop the first screen drops down to 'Memort Test' instead of staying on the top line which is to log in to Linux Lite. I have already run the memory test, no errors.

So I move the choice up to Linux Lite which immediately starts the flashing as soon as I press the enter key.

I did try getting to the console, without success,

Neil