Re: [LUG] Re-subscription and hello.

On 08/07/2019 22:05, Jon Davey via list wrote:
Hi DCGLUG, I used to subscribe a fair while back. I looked through some of the names
and recognise some of them. My reason for re-subscription is because I was recently
elected as the social media co-ordinateor for the Liskeard branch of the Labour
party and I am keen to try to promote the use of as much open source software as I
can, clearly the list will be a vital resource for this. So this is, really a bit of
a test aswell just to check that I have subscribed properly, because I'm not
entirely sure I have.

Jon Davey

I've just got a Pi4. I am thinking of getting a cheap monitor £60 for a 21.5" and some plywood to make a £140 ish 'laptop'. Pi, PSU Keyboard and mouse 'mounted' on the plywood and the monitor stand to slide in and out of a simple slot at the back of the plywood. Needs a two socket mains extension but it shouldn't be too hard to make it nicely portable with the monitor folded down over some foam (which can be used on the lap perhaps?).

You have a fully functional portable computer running open office and most other things under Debian (and possibly Devuan soon) for less than the price of even a bottom of the range PC to show of open source - and you can even write 'I love <insert favourite band>' on the 'case' in felt tip!

Tom te tom te tom