Re: [LUG] Re-subscription and hello.

On 08/07/2019 22:05, Jon Davey via list wrote:
> Hi DCGLUG, I used to subscribe a fair while back. I looked through some of the
> names and recognise some of them. My reason for re-subscription is because I was
> recently elected as the social media co-ordinateor for the Liskeard branch of the
> Labour party and I am keen to try to promote the use of as much open source
> software as I can, clearly the list will be a vital resource for this. So this is,
> really a bit of a test aswell just to check that I have subscribed properly,
> because I'm not entirely sure I have.
>
> Jon Davey

Hi Welcome back to the lug list :)  As it was mentioned by Michael I am
more in to  alt-social media.  I am on Friendi.ca  I have also set up a
dcglug account on there too,

https://social.isurf.ca/profile/dcglug. ;

I am up for helping remotely and sharing resources ( electronically at
least ).  I am in Torbay so am helping to run the South Devon Tech Jam
(2nd Saturday of the month in Paignton), which is STEM focussed.

With regard to the government and FLOSS have our government not mandated
the use of open standards, such as Open Document Format, ?

Anyway hopefully even the smallest effort can make a real difference.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net