[LUG] Linux Mint 19.x and HP WiFi Scanners

Hi All,

Am I just wasting my time with this? I need to scan some documents urgently so as usual turned on the HP Officejet 4655 - which prints perfectly fine. After half an hour or more of loading GIMP -> New-> Create -> Scan - 'no device found', installing the latest hplip etc and finding out it won't install a Wifi device unless it's on USB first (argh!), then installing it, it sees the scanner, unplug the USB and scanner disappears. Editing hpaio end /etc/sane.d.dlls.conf for network, checked groups are correct. GIMP (Sane) still won't see the scanner on WiFi.

Then I find there are two unresolved bugs where Mint 19.* won't use HP scanners on WiFi...

Should I just revert to 18.x until they fix the bugs? Is there a fix I have missed?

Kind regards,

Julian