Re: [LUG] Linux Mint 19.x and HP WiFi Scanners

On 26/03/19 20:15, Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Am I just wasting my time with this? I need to scan some documents
> urgently so as usual turned on the HP Officejet 4655 - which prints
> perfectly fine. After half an hour or more of loading GIMP -> New->
> Create -> Scan - 'no device found', installing the latest hplip etc and
> finding out it won't install a Wifi device unless it's on USB first
> (argh!), then installing it, it sees the scanner, unplug the USB and
> scanner disappears. Editing hpaio end /etc/sane.d.dlls.conf for network,
> checked groups are correct. GIMP (Sane) still won't see the scanner on WiFi.
>
> Then I find there are two unresolved bugs where Mint 19.* won't use HP
> scanners on WiFi...
>
> Should I just revert to 18.x until they fix the bugs? Is there a fix I
> have missed?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Have you installed the HP firmware plugins?

SANE should magically pick it up if HPLIP is correctly installed .. but
yeah Mint may well be doing something stupid....

My HP LaserJet 3-in-1 works fine out the box on Ethernet, even with the
Document Feeder....
Cheers,
Michael.
PS. Gentoo geek.