Re: [LUG] viruses and protecting against them

Is it me or are there really no other free linux virus scanners out there other than Clam?
I seem to be hitting problems trying to install anything else.
My main concern is scanning the backed up files before returning them to my (hopefully) clean system.
Clam somehow does not convince me it can protect me from this Trojan which seemed to be embedded in the Macros of office somehow.
My office files are mainly business related and I can't afford to lose them or re-infect myself or even worse others...
Please, any suggestions or experiences that might help?

Thanks

Anthony

Pentiddy Logo. Pentiddy Woods / Pentiddy Woods newsletter

Attached files are likely to be open-document format (*.odt or *.ods).
Why? So as not to depend on one company for accessing my own data in future.
See:  https://www.documentliberation.org/
MS-Word may say 'damaged file' to discourage this but should open the attachment(s) anyway.

Pentiddy Natural Burials
Heartwood Creations
Pentiddy Community Woodland