Re: [LUG] More scam emails

On 13/10/2018 20:19, mr meowski wrote:
On 13/10/18 20:03, Simon Waters wrote:
you really must start using a password manager

This cannot be overstated. If you don't have a photographic memory, you
NEED one of these. No exceptions!

I do use a password manager. And all passwords are unique

You still have to commit to memory things like your phone pin/passcode,
your PC username/password and of course the master unlock to the
password manager itself but anything else, put in the password manager.

Right, but that is not many.

As Gordon says:

  > Use a unique password for every site then you can instantly identify
which site.

I do that too.

Yet another advantage of doing things properly: you can tell straight
away what's leaked if one of your (unique) passwords suddenly appears on
haveibeenpwned or wherever.

Also Neil, does your mail provider not do any spam filtering at all? Are
they not even setting X-spam headers for you during transport so your
mail client gets a much needed helping hand in sorting out the trash?
It's entirely possible that they actually _do_ but it needs to be
manually enabled in your providers control panel (plesk or whatever).
Have a look.

I will have a look and check. I use cPanel, not plesk)

Neil