Re: [LUG] More scam emails

On Sunday, 14 October 2018 07:57:08 BST Pentiddy wrote:

> Easier question... is the Firefox master password ok to ude?

Historically no, it has had major flaws since its inception until at least
spring this year.

Most of these were somewhat mitigated by using disk encryption. I'm not aware
of any of these issues being present now, but it is hardly a glowing
recommendation.

Keepass is the only cross platform Open Source password manager with any
momentum I'm aware of.

I use a well known proprietary one, the key issue being most people want their
password manager easily cross platform for mobile devices these days.

It is really hard to recommend a password manager as people can have greatly
varying requirements on both platform and security, but in general the browser
based ones are better than a strategy that reuses passwords. but not as secure
or flexible as the dedicated password managers which will also store (and
complete on some platforms) other secrets, and offer a ready cross platform
sync mechanism.