Re: [LUG] Email clients

On 04/08/18 08:23, Neil wrote:
> On 03/08/18 17:51, Julian Hall wrote:
>>> I am wondering about my TB profile, which has a lot of information
>>> as I have several email accounts in use. So, if I try to set up the
>>> Evolution email client, will I have to create it all from scratch,
>>> or is there some way to copy my TB information over?
>>>
>>> If I have to do it all from scratch that will be a right pain in the
>>> you know where. I just cannot remember what I did many moons ago
>>> when I set up Claws Mail as a second system.
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>

>> Hi Neil,
>>
>> https://gaveen.blogspot.com/2007/07/howto-migrate-from-thunderbird-to.html
>>

>> If you do decide to migrate from T'bird to Evolution the above link
>> should guide you through.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Julian
>>

> Thanks for that. I will study it later.
> Meanwhile, I think I may have given the wrong impression about this. I
> am not planning to replace TB with Evolution. The idea is to have them
> both in use. Since my email is IMAP and on my web site, it will always
> be up to date on both.
>
> In the not so recent past I had Claws mail as my second string email
> client. Whenever I wanted to check mail I would open up either one as
> the fancy took me. I no longer use Claws, just TBird, so I am
> considering having a second client again, just so that, if one of them
> has any problems I can just open the other one.
>
> (Similarly I have four browsers set up on my computer, and I use them
> all, depending on what I am doing. For example one of them works
> better with my printer than the others.)
>
> Neil

To be perfectly honest, Neil, I think in your situation I'd ditch mail
clients completely, and simply use a decent webmail ciient such as zoho
.. *IF* mail clients really are an issue for you...

Fwiw, I've been using Thunderbird for Years both on Windoze and Linux
(work AND home), and with the addition of the Lightning calendar which
sync's with my phone, and a few add-ons to make the interface nicer, and
integrate GPG .. I really quite like it.

MJE