Re: [LUG] Email clients

On 03/08/18 16:33, mr meowski wrote:
On 03/08/18 13:22, Neil wrote:
Since it appears that TBird is going to make some radical changes soon

Do you mean the upcoming Thunderbird 52.9 > 60 release?

Evolution is a perfectly decent email client which is why most
distributions actually bundle it as the default instead of Thunderbird.
Better for organizational use (i.e.; integrates with Exchange). If you
don't mind your interfaces ugly-as-hell but highly functional then
you'll probably like it just fine.

To be fair your caution is probably commendable but are you _that_
worried about the Thunderbird update? Poor Mozilla!

Cheers

Worried is the wrong word. It was suggested that this update would be quite a radical change in TB. Just expecting things to go awry at first. So it would be useful to have another client in use. I use IMAP, linked to my web site, so there would be no worries about being in sync.

So, if there should be problems with TB it would be nice to have another client ready and in use. That was all really,

Neil