Re: [LUG] Email clients

On 03/08/18 17:20, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
On Fri, Aug 3, 2018, 13:23 Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    In the past I have tried several email clients, including Sylpheed,
    Claws, Sea Monkey and currently Thunderbird.

    I have seen comments on line that Evolution is a good one. Since it
    appears that TBird is going to make some radical changes soon, which
    often cause problems to start with, I am wondering what list members
    think about Evolution, just as an email client.

    Any advice, opinions, gratefully received,

    Neil

What is it you're looking for in an email client? You've tried several and, I'm assuming, they haven't fit your needs - can you say why?

I used Claws Mail for a very long time. The biggest annoyance I had was the lack of IMAP IDLE support.

Grant. :)

Apart from TB the only one I used for any length of time was Claws. This was all right, but it was quite complicated, so in the end I just gave up on it. TB works fine for me, but I like to have a second string to my bow. I suppose the main reason for trying so many was just interest, to see what was available.

Some people enjoy playing around with hardware, whereas I like to mess around with software. Each to his own,

Neil