Re: [LUG] External speakers no sound

On 15/04/18 10:04, Eion MacDonald via list wrote:

if
Question? Do you have another set of speakers or any external speaker?
Are speakers powered from computer or from external power block?
If powered from external power block , check fuse! If from USB port,
change port in case connection on connector is trashed. Does speaker use
"pavucontrol" pulse audio? (Some programmes (e.g. skype) want pulse
audio  and if speakers transferred to that, then they need to be
transferred back to normal audio.
As you say, just a pain.

Thanks for the ideas. I still don't believe this but, when I logged on again a few minutes ago, the sound worked just fine. The external speakers are now on as usual. I have no idea what happened, or how it suddenly changed. I was looking around pulseaudio as before, but I don't think I made any changes.

However, as it is now working properly, I will leave well alone, and hope that it will now continue. Computers, don't you just love them?

thanks to all,

Neil