[LUG] External speakers no sound

Very strange. I have had no problems with my external speakers on my desktop computer. Then, for no apparent reason, today there is no sound. I have not touched anything in any way relevant to sound. However my plug in earphones are working just fine.

I know that getting sound on Linux can be a pain sometimes, and I am not expecting any help. Just feel better for moaning.

I will test the speakers on my laptop to make sure they are still working.

Computers, wonderful when they are working,

Sigh,

Neil