Re: [LUG] External speakers no sound

On 14/04/18 12:40, Neil wrote:
> Very strange. I have had no problems with my external speakers on my
> desktop computer. Then, for no apparent reason, today there is no sound.
> I have not touched anything in any way relevant to sound. However my
> plug in earphones are working just fine.
>
> I know that getting sound on Linux can be a pain sometimes, and I am not
> expecting any help. Just feel better for moaning.
>
> I will test the speakers on my laptop to make sure they are still working.
>
> Computers, wonderful when they are working,
>
> Sigh,
>
> Neil

Common problem. Audio control has a number of ways to switch off or on
the same device. You need to start by re-booting without your ear plugs
in machine. Then check all audio settings and ensure they are switched
to on and also check your browser that you did not 'switch off' a video
or YouTube in its tab sound icon (not in audio settings!) before closing
down previous time. (This can be  a%%%$%! to find)
--
regards
Eion MacDonald