Re: [LUG] Persistent USB (sorry, no sublect in last message)

On 26/02/18 09:06, aaron moore wrote:
Hi Lug
Well, I am now the proud owner of 5 reconditioned Dell lap tops and intend to dual boot them with Ubuntu. Am I right in thinking that if I work up a persistent usb start up thumb drive and load it with all my favourite softwares i will then be able to install Ubuntu plus favourites in one go? Any advice on this gratefully received.
Kind rgards
Aaron

ÂÂÂ I guess you have to ask yourself "Is it worth the effort?". If it's just a few packages I would just install them on each machine. Only if you have a lot of packages and config files that you need to setup would it be worth automating the process?

As to how best to automate it - other here will be able to answer that far better. I have heard, but never used, a tool called CloneZilla. Perhaps it would prove useful?

http://clonezilla.org/

Best wishes
Good luck
Roly :-)