[LUG] Persistent USB (sorry, no sublect in last message)

Hi Lug
Well, I am now the proud owner of 5 reconditioned Dell lap tops and intend to dual boot them with Ubuntu. Am I right in thinking that if I work up a persistent usb start up thumb drive and load it with all my favourite softwares i will then be able to install Ubuntu plus favourites in one go? Any advice on this gratefully received.
Kind rgards
Aaron

Your technique is exquisite

Please to check out my new website: www.cnccraft.co.uk