Re: [LUG] [OT] Photo and Video Management.

On 24/02/18 14:56, Tom via list wrote:
On 24/02/18 12:49, Peter Walker wrote:
Keeping it on topic :-)

Shotwell, http://shotwell-project.org/doc/html/, is the default photo manager for Gnome. I don't use it myself but it looks like it has al the tagging and searching features needed to organise your photos.

I use a combination of Rapid Photo Downloader (RPD), https://www.damonlynch.net/rapid/, and Darktable, https://www.darktable.org/. I pull the images off my SD card with RPD which puts them in to a yyyy/yyyymmdd/ structured directory based on the EXIF date onfo. in the images. I then import into Darktable (leaving the files in the same place) and use Darktable's tagging to organise the photos.

It would also be very easy to roll your own command line importer which used the same information to put the images in whatever directory structure you wanted. I vaguely remember doing this in the past (using exiftool, I think).

Cheers,

Pete