Re: [LUG] [OT] Photo and Video Management.

Keeping it on topic :-)

Shotwell, http://shotwell-project.org/doc/html/, is the default photo manager for
Gnome. I don't use it myself but it looks like it has al the tagging and searching
features needed to organise your photos.

I use a combination of Rapid Photo Downloader (RPD),
https://www.damonlynch.net/rapid/, and Darktable, https://www.darktable.org/. I pull
the images off my SD card with RPD which puts them in to a yyyy/yyyymmdd/ structured
directory based on the EXIF date onfo. in the images. I then import into Darktable
(leaving the files in the same place) and use Darktable's tagging to organise the
photos.

It would also be very easy to roll your own command line importer which used the
same information to put the images in whatever directory structure you wanted. I
vaguely remember doing this in the past (using exiftool, I think).

Cheers,

Pete