[LUG] Linux training - is this useful

Hi  With regard to the Linux training idea,

I was chatting to a user on the Ruby channel on IRC and he signposted me
to this.

https://github.com/LeamHall/90DW_mentoring/blob/master/docs/mentoring.txt

This got me thinking that this rationale could be used if members of the
group want to provide help to people wanting to learn more about Linux etc.

Barrier to the learning could simply be : Join the lug list and set up
IRC,  the list is a fantastic resource and we have many people here with
lots of experience in all manner of areas.  If they want to learn, then
the barrier(s) should not really be a problem.

IRC is a different matter, however the advantage with IRC in one sense
is while the lug channel may be quite there are 'other' channels on
freenode, who can help,   However the Mint support channel is on
spotchat,  but there is a link on the mint splash-screen to this.

While I did tidy the dcglug website up, I did leave easy access to the
IRC tutorials.  The other information is still on the site, just not on
the menu system.

The idea could work and it could perhaps take pressure off people being
expected to provide support all the time,

Just a thought

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net