Re: [LUG] Packagekit

On Monday, 5 February 2018 15:25:10 GMT mr meowski wrote:

> That's weird... PackageKit running rogue in the background and eating
> all your /var/cache is normally a RPM based distro problem: you see it
> on Fedora and RHEL/CentOS all the time for example. I've never come
> across it before on Debian (has it been pulled in as part of KDE's fancy
> one-click codec installer tools perhaps?) or Ubuntu.

Looks like "plasma-discover" package depends on it.

Not sure I ever used Plasma Discover, but having purged packagekit, I
reinstalled plasma-discover just to check what I was losing and the problem
hasn't returned. I'm guessing some sort of key management mess up, since it
was running apt-config trying to fetch some package signing key.

> Either way, go ahead and purge packagekit. Double check /var/cache for a
> big left over folder just in case.

No big files.