Re: [LUG] Merry Christmas All.. automount problem with kernel 4.13 on Mint 18.3

On 24/12/17 16:46, mr meowski wrote:
On 24/12/17 16:34, Julian Hall wrote:
Thanks Simon.

This is the dmesg output before and after manually mounting the
shares; as you can see there is no change. I assume I need to look in
a different log? It looks as though the network is up which is one
issue the forums suggested; if it wasn't I wouldn't get any network
activity and I do.
Your NAS NFS is the gift that just keeps on giving!
You noticed that too..
Firstly rule out everything else - the easiest way to check would be
reboot and go back to the old 4.11 kernel and make sure that NFS works
again.
The upgrade procedure was pretty basic: I installed 4.13.. keeping the previous version as always (in this case 4.11) and rebooted. The NFS shares failed to load. I haven't done any other updates today and it was fine up to that point. So I followed your advice and in Grub I chose the 4.11 kernel from the Advanced Options, and the NFS shares loaded straight away. It does seem to be a problem with this kernel as others have posted on forums, albeit with Samba not NFS for all of them, so it seems to be a general network share issue.

Julian

[subject corrected as I spotted my typo]