Re: [LUG] Merry Christmas All.. automount problem with kernel 41.3 on Mint 18.3

On 24 December 2017 at 16:34, Julian HallÂ<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Âwrote:
Thanks Simon.
This is the dmesg output before and after manually mounting the shares; as you can see there is no change. I assume I need to look in a different log? It looks as though the network is up which is one issue the forums suggested; if it wasn't I wouldn't get any network activity and I do.

Nope, can't see anything relevant in that dmesg segment (apart from it not liking your TV card but that's not relevant).

What about syslog when you repeat it?

Another method is to "ls -lt |more" (Lists most recently updated files) in /var/log just after trying to mount,Âto see if any other log files are being updated with useful info. Those at the top of the list have been touched more recently.

Or "tail -f /var/log/syslog" in one terminal window whilst you perform the command in another. (Tails the log live, ctrl+c to break out of it)

mr meowski has a good suggestion about trying the older kernel too, but I'd be surprised if NFS support had changed significantly during a kernel upgrade. It is possible though, or something is conflicting, and a useful bug-tracing exercise.