Re: [LUG] Fwd: DVD issues Xubuntu 16.04

Title: pentiddywoodsheader
Tried your last suggestions- no changes I'm afraid.
Tried Handbrake (already had it installed) and it could only find the first 'chapter' and this is a blank 3second long video...
Is there any legs in investigating this with a live usb install of a 'bleeding edge' system as suggested by Eion?
If so which one would you suggest?
Am I right in my assumption that Debian is amongst the most stable and supported? The 'Buntu family was my entry point getting on for 10 years ago, and I've tried usb live versions of mint, puppy and debian amongst others. and played with LXDE, XFCE, Mate, Elementary, Gnome... I have found up to this point Xubuntu suits me- I like XFCE and the ubuntu support is huge.I read that mint has a big following and is considered stable...
I know this is a subject all of it's own and perhaps I shouldn't start it on this thread, and I know I'm opening a can of worms here and everyone has an opinion and a preference.
Anyhoo, must awa
Thanks again to all and sundry, I think I'm perhaps as far down this particular rabbit hole as I'm comfortable with...
Anthony