Re: [LUG] Changing User ID.

On 08/05/17 02:52, mr meowski wrote:
On 08/05/17 02:26, Julian Hall wrote:

First, how is your network configured on Circe? Systemd, NetworkManager,
manually...
The only configuration I have done is to setup the network name, give
all wired devices fixed IPs, and then added the NAS manually into the
fstab. That's pretty much it.
Maybe I should have explained that a little better... I mean how exactly
did you configure the network settings on just your main PC, Circe?

Did you do it by manually editing the /etc/network/interfaces file,
setting up a systemd unit file with systemctl/netctl or by using
whichever GUI comes with your choice of Desktop Environment (probably
NetworkManager, by default)? It makes a big difference as to whether
your network is being brought up by a system service during early boot
(desirable) or only after you've logged in as a user (undesirable).

I was also presuming that the NAS would always be up and running, at
least when you were testing or using NFS mounting on your PC.

If you're not sure about how/when your network is starting up we can use
systemd-analyze to figure out what's wrong with the boot process instead.

Cheers
Ah.. my mistake, I used a GUI to set it up.

Julian