Re: [LUG] Changing User ID.

On 30/04/17 17:16, Julian Hall wrote:
> Now I'm totally baffled. Files that refused to open yesterday but had no
> lock files and hadn't been accessed in months will now open. Also the
> files I originally had problems with open too. I haven't made any
> changes to the system, so I have no clue, particularly why the files
> which were locked yesterday will open today.

There is obviously something not right here but it's probably a couple
of things getting conflated. Firstly, as others have hinted, OpenOffice
is a shambling corpse these days and you really shouldn't be using it
for anything at all I'm afraid. Secondly, something is wrong - probably
permissions related - with your NFS setup, obviously.

First install LibreOffice on Mint - there is literally no reason to not
be using it on Linux instead of OpenOffice. Make a fresh copy of your
office files somewhere local, change their permissions to 777 for
testing and then fire them up in LibreOffice instead and see how you get
on. Then we'll fix the NFS thing.

Cheers