Re: [LUG] Changing User ID.

Thanks Michael, unfortunately it didn't work as the laptop already has the same UID.

Cerce ~ # id julian
uid=1000(julian) gid=1000(julian) groups=1000(julian),4(adm),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),113(lpadmin),130(sambashare)

The output is the same on both machines. I'm at a loss now to understand why it thinks they are different users.

Julian