Re: [LUG] Video editing

On 03/04/17 19:39, Richard Brown via list wrote:

> We have started to edit the video using Openshot video editor on a T420
> Thinkpad with 7.7gb ram and a 110gb ssd. After a short while the editor
> crashed and has continued to crash within a couple of minutes of
> re-opening. Does anybody have any idea why please?

I have looked into Free Software video editors and my experience with
programs like Openshot is that they were easy to use but they crashed.
As such I went with using Blender, as although it is difficult to use,
it doesn't crash plus it can do other video related work.

> Would a different machine be a better idea?

Probably not.  Different OS versions and Openshot versions may help.

> Any ideas anyone please?

Hope that helps.  Can send more details if you're interested.

M.

--
FSF member #9429
http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=9429