[LUG] Video editing

Hey All

I worked out the answer to my last question, it was Soundcloud. Very useful website for music.

We have started to edit the video using Openshot video editor on a T420 Thinkpad with 7.7gb ram and a 110gb ssd. After a short while the editor crashed and has continued to crash within a couple of minutes of re-opening. Does anybody have any idea why please?

Would a different machine be a better idea?

I do have a Proliant N54 server but without a suitable sound or graphics card. There is no onboard sound. Would this possibly be better.

The laptop is running a:
i5 2.5ghz
The N54 AMD

Not sure how many cores etc.