Re: [LUG] Video editing

On 03/04/17 19:39, Richard Brown via list wrote:
> Hey All
>
> I worked out the answer to my last question, it was Soundcloud. Very
> useful website for music.
>
> We have started to edit the video using Openshot video editor on a T420
> Thinkpad with 7.7gb ram and a 110gb ssd. After a short while the editor
> crashed and has continued to crash within a couple of minutes of
> re-opening. Does anybody have any idea why please?
>
> Would a different machine be a better idea?
>
> I do have a Proliant N54 server but without a suitable sound or graphics
> card. There is no onboard sound. Would this possibly be better.
>
> The laptop is running a:
> i5 2.5ghz
> The N54 AMD
>
> Not sure how many cores etc.
>
> Any ideas anyone please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

It is really hard to diagnose with so little information, sorry.
However you should be able to open a terminal and start the program from
there, (type the name of the program) so in this case openshot.

so if you do this, and it crashes see if there is any output on the
terminal screen.

I can do this with the geany editor but need to use the -v option for
verbose mode (check man page to see if there is a similar cli switch for
openshot)

Output may point to what is going wrong, may not be very human friendly
but sometimes the output can be very useful.

There are various commands to determine what cpu you have and it's
specification.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net