Re: [LUG] Ad blockers

On 27/03/17 18:03, Martin Gautier via list wrote:

On 27/03/17 17:49, D-Tronics UK via list wrote:

The way they detect is they download a test file in the background if
they detect the file wasn't successfully downloaded they know a
adblocker was used.

If using google chrome you can still visit most pages that block you
from viewing with AdBlock by right clicking on the message, selecting
inspect and then right clicking on the element highlighted and
selecting delete, should work with most sites

uBlock has this built into a feature that bypasses these checks I believe.

I must look for that. I do use uBlock origin, but there are so many preferences that I have never noticed that feature.

Neil