Re: [LUG] List Changes

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017, Brad Rogers via list wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 06:54:16 +0000 (GMT)
Gordon Henderson via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

Can whoever did this explain why and what the reasoning was behind it?

I'm not one of those responsible, but I can tell you why it's been
done:  DMARC issues with companies like aol, yahoo and so on.

No other mailman list I use (or run) works like this. It's bloody
annoying.

Depends on which version of mailman is being used whether it can be done
or not.  There are other options in recent versions of mailman that can
be used to mitigate DMARC issues. Also, if there's nobody on a mailing
list using one of the companies named above for email, it won't be a
problem, anyway.

But yes, I find it bloody annoying too.  However, the MUA I use can be
set up to work around most of the problems.

Mailman list admin -> Privacy options -> Sender filters ->
    Action to take when anyone posts to the list from a domain with a
    DMARC Reject/Quarantine Policy (dmarc_moderation_action) ->
        Munge From

Works for the mailman I use, and others.

Gordon