[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] 20170207 Cafe/Library WiFi connecting?
- To: "list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [LUG] 20170207 Cafe/Library WiFi connecting?
- From: "Tremayne, Steve via list" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 10:59:49 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=neutral (sender IP is 184.108.40.206) smtp.mailfrom=honeywell.com; dcglug.org.uk; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;dcglug.org.uk; dmarc=fail action=none header.from=honeywell.com;
- Content-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dclug.org.uk; s=1475831162; h=Sender:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:Reply-To:From:List-Subscribe:List-Help:List-Post:List-Unsubscribe:List-Id:Subject:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:Date:To; bh=RkvqrWnXI1KGhdweX/3M9foit1N7IruNnDgWTcgYvJk=; b=Sah0/YsUwW5vCQ7GzlaKbO2Cu1fXZkZZJ+39qF1kUvBaFJA4h8aihHfFSZWxnoCtAZFyRgPlWjEdaLGMpEZJ5y9m7Aq7+wdOPQw6rJsvVoopktF+1oTUiorm+fCx2crONH6EYus3PuYoKEQJTBLiVc7LG6rAXeJB040W2w4uUU4=;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=Honeywell.com; s=selector1; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=A5z7XOMOcBKv47aUSoy43AfkVMNiQWf/KflPJ8gPdho=; b=vfcOjCc0ZjPsOZ5zHDGPFz/PesC9QYLJVe2dcM7xMTfWJSiCqhrPO9GSx3b51eazObD8Ia+hQmKenGvkDLHvB9VZ6jfxXfoPXcMp+StjxB1SU9MsReoQRttov3aheItuwNFJWyQsMEwA2uSptyAo9FUJuHgOft9PFuchllF86cM=
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AQHSgVbvw9ti0/ifO0OCyXseJti87KFeJe8AgABoDACAC/1L0IABTRcA//+sIvA=
- Thread-topic: [LUG] 20170207 Cafe/Library WiFi connecting?
And whilst I think of it...
NEVER use your real email address to "register" with wifi hotspots...
I use mailinator ... then if anything has to be emailed to you (like a password /
free coffee voucher / etc), then you can still retrieve it.. :)
From: Eion MacDonald [mailto:eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 February 2017 10:59
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Tremayne, Steve <steven.tremayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] 20170207 Cafe/Library WiFi connecting?
On 15/02/2017 20:08, Tremayne, Steve via list wrote:
> Just picking up on this ...
> I used to use xkcd.com as my "start page" URL when trying to login to various
> hotel / cafÃ wifi systems, but as Simon pointed out, it's usually the http ->
> http*S* redirection that causes most captive portals to jam up (IMO)
> So, now I use a well-known fake URL: http://example.com and that seems to trigger
> the captive portal in 99.24% of cases :)
> -----Original Message-----
> From: list [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Simon Waters via list
> Sent: 08 February 2017 00:01
> To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [LUG] 20170207 Cafe/Library WiFi connecting?
I have found these two 'test sites' example at dot com and dot org.
Thanks , I will try these.
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG