Re: [LUG] Linux Training

d,

>> Neil
>>
> I would go with a Virtualbox VM .. I have yet to do it fully myself, but
> its on the top of the to-do list ...
>
> MJE

I have tried virtual box and failed,  there is a young lad who comes to
the tech jam who is trying to run ubuntu in virtual box and finding all
sorts of problems.

As Linux is my main system I am using Kvm (virtual machine manager  or
something ) which is a front end to Qemu I think,  that works really well.

Virtual box needs to work out of the box, if you, the expert in their
eyes, fails or hits barriers it will just look bad.

Given how cheap a Raspberry Pi 3 is,  perhaps one solution would be to
buy one,  the default OS is raspbian and it comes with Libreoffice etc,
maybe let them have a go.  the command line can come later, when there
is a need for it.

Paul
--
http://www.zleap.net