Re: [LUG] Repetier host install

On 23/11/16 23:20, M. J. Everitt wrote:
On 23/11/16 21:32, mr meowski wrote:
On 23/11/16 20:35, aaron moore wrote:
I tried running it as sudo. I got an icon but I didn't have permission.
I tried to change permission but it disappeared?
What script archive should I send for you to look at?
Ok, I guess you're using the latest repetier-host linux 1.6.2 bundle
from here?

https://www.repetier.com/download-now/

The scripts in that bundle are indeed a little rough around the edges.
Firstly, see if the thing works at all so start clean. You seem to have
unpacked the archive to /home/aaron/Documents/new printer/RepetierHost
(wouldn't be surprised if the space in "new printer" in that filepath is
to blame) so grab a fresh copy of the software and untar it somewhere like:

/home/aaron/testing/RepetierHost

cd to that directory, re-run configureFirst.sh (with sudo) and then
createDesktopicon.sh (without). That should drop a new desktop shortcut
entry in the *current directory*, not on the Desktop. Check with a GUI
fileviewer and double click to start, report back with any problems.

Cheers
I might suggest, depending on the script, that often with 'sudo' alone,
the right permissions might not permeate to subsidiary programs/scripts
(if used). I tend to advocate running a 'sudo su' to fully super-up into
a root shell, then run the script from there with full privileges, and
drop afterwards.

I was toying with the idea of getting repetier packaged for Gentoo, so
I'd be interested in your mileage under linux, as I do believe my friend
with his XYZ machine has only used it with Windows (so far).

Best regards,
Michael.

I'm assuming your trying to install this on your user as the user. If this is the case you have permission to build the file requested. What is probably the problem is you are trying to create a file in a directory that doesn't exist and the error is being reported incorrectly. Try making the directory path and then re-running.

Perhaps

Tom te tom te tom