Re: [LUG] TV Licensing [Ad blockers]

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 07:04:55AM +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Which is still incorrect. You have to use it to break the law.
>
> From what I understand... People get caught mostly through their own naivety
> and through the bullying tactics of the "enforcement officers" who, AIUI,
> will tell lies to get into your house to check your TV. They will also tell
> lies to get you to sign a document which they will tell you won't amount to
> much, however it's an admission of guilt, then you'll be fined.
>
> I have a couple of friends without TV licenses (because they genuinely have
> no interest in TV) - the letters and visits they get are shocking. The
> tactics used amount to harassment (a common defence used to get them to
> stop)

Interesting point: what evidence is there to show that you were not
watching live TV / iPlayer (https://www.gov.uk/tv-licence) and are instead
using it for games DVDs / netflix or whatever.

And how much will it cost to defend yourself in court.

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately