Re: [LUG] Ad blockers

On 16/09/2016 11:24, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Why would ITV want to check we have a valid TV license,  the TV
> license pays for BBC services,  I thought the advertising / commercial
> aspect of ITV paid for those services.quent.
>
> Paul

> On 16/09/16 10:56, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 09:12:22 +0100 barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hello barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
>
>>> If I remember right, ITV also want a postal address. And a valid
>>> email address. Why?
>
>> Postal address: To check whether you have a TV license. Email
>> address:  To confirm your details/send an authorisation code?

WRONG in assumption TV licence pays only for BBC, yes it pays fro BBC
but is also necessary to receive other TV programs.
TV licence is charge to use or receive ANY radio or TV program inside
can piggy back on their parents licence even when absent from the
parental house) UK based on a household  or property  charge [example
company base/property using a TV needs a TV licence,(why students if
they arrange their affairs correctly .
The support of BBC is to avoid the USA 'absolutely politically biased
Media' in that  they have to provide news /current affairs to UK on an
unbiased basis. Bible belt area being the worst.
Have you ever lived in USA with no access to 'unbiased TV/Radio' except
the very poorly funded 'public broadcasting service'?
Have you ever lived in KSA/PRC/ etc where some go to extreme lengths to
access BBC world broadcasts? (Risking very large punishments).
Having spent 35 years in foreign service abroad, I assure you you get
VERY GREAT value from the TV licence.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald