Re: [LUG] Sharing our printer

On 08/09/16 14:29, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 08/09/16 14:01, M. J. Everitt wrote:
All instances of WiFi printers I've seen have no (or poor) encryption
provision (though I may be out-of-date) so good luck with having an Open
wifi network if that remains the case .... !!
Most current printers work with encrypted wifi, you don't need an open wifi network.

The printer's wifi will work with whatever wifi protocols you have set up.

I have a relatively old Canon MP640 and that happily works over my WPA2-PSK and MAC filtered WiFi.

Julian