Re: [LUG] Sharing our printer

On 08/09/16 14:01, M. J. Everitt wrote:
On 08/09/16 13:54, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 08/09/16 12:46, barnaby wrote:
It also seems to have a wifi set up for printing, but I have never
looked at that.
Set that up with a static IP. Install the printer drivers on your
wife's PC and she'll never bother you again...

All instances of WiFi printers I've seen have no (or poor) encryption
provision (though I may be out-of-date) so good luck with having an Open
wifi network if that remains the case .... !!

I'd stick to CUPS sharing - it works fine in all cases I've used it. I
got unstuck once with a cups incompatibility when they changed to
cups-browsed for discovery, and had to add a config file option, but if
all your PCs are Cups-friendly there shouldn't be a problem.

If sharing to Windows, there are a few gotchas, but the SAMBA docs help
you out with this.

Good luck!

Perhaps I should have mentioned that both computers are running Xubuntu. No form of Windows is allowed in this house.

Thanks

Neil