[LUG] Sharing our printer

I have my main, desktop, computer upstairs. My HP Photosmart 5520 printer is linked to the computer via a USB cable. (It also seems to have a wifi set up for printing, but I have never looked at that.)

Downstairs my wife has her laptop. Whenever she wants a print of something she sends me a copy so that I can use my setup upstairs. She either sends me an email with an attachment, or forwards one of her newly received emails on to me. I can then print the item for her.

It occurs to me that there should be some way for her to be able to send a print instruction directly to the Photosmart from her laptop. Then, the next time I power up the printer, it should print whatever is waiting in the queue.

Have I got that right? If so, could someone please point me in the right direction? I have done some research and am feeling a bit lost.

Thanks

Neil