Re: [LUG] gentoo resurrection

On 19/07/16 21:54, M. J. Everitt wrote:
> The folks in #gentoo on IRC can be quite helpful too (troubleshot a
> initramfs/bios/boot confusion where the SATA was in IDE mode once) but
> you have to pick your timing.
>
> Let me know where things are at, and I'll see if I can think of
> anything. It could be a long road, but who knows ..

Refreshed my memory a little by prodding it a little bit again - it
boils down to a nasty dependency clash between libudev and udev which
chains into systemd eventually. I've cloned it again and will have
another bash at it tonight now I'm suddenly in the mood to get to the
bottom of this once and for all at long last.

Will report back once I've renewed my acquaintance with the issue properly!

Cheers