Re: [LUG] Newton Abbot IT Job.

On 29/06/2016 22:38, Andy Wills wrote:
> Hi Simon, Martin,
>
> I guess my position on all this would be I'd prefer to know what
> others in the company were earning before pitching a salary for
> myself.

I read advert although I have no suitable experience or anywhere close
to the job site.

I thought the advert reasonable.
My own main paid job (contractor support for commercial side of
engineering company(ies)) has been advertised for a couple of months
prior to my last contract expiring.
I was invited to apply.
Pay grade only given as a range. Lots of detail of what is required (I
advised it was not listing some points I though relevant to know by
company, if they were interviewing folk)
I refused to apply (due 'employee status'). Contract expired.
Now re-hired on a new contract at my price and on my terms.
Freedom is sometimes more important than pay, just as some folk might
prefer to work for a charity than for a 'for profit (any industry)' job

The fact that you disclosed you were a charity, does indicate you are
not in the big salary league but need a decent applicant within what you
can afford.

Your advert does not give any offence.
Only thing I might have  wanted was a phone number (inside advert) to
discuss  or seek answers to questions before applying on line.

Where I help as a volunteer, many seeking jobs have no computer or smart
phone and cannot apply online, albeit these are not seeking IT jobs.
A lot of the folk in UK are not IT literate or have IT resources.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald